History was made September 2-6, 1982 in a filming studio in St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada, as the life and magic of Dai Vernon was permanently recorded for future generations. Inspired by Bill Larsen, the project was undertaken by Videonics, owned and operated by Hans Zahn. The co-hosts of the filming project were Michael Ammar, Gary Ouellet and Steve Freeman.
L & L Publishing has now taken this original footage, digitally re-mastered it and released it on 8 downloads. Not only can we learn by actually seeing and hearing the Professor at work, but our great grandchildren and their great grandchildren will be taught that most elusive of crafts by the grandest master of them all.
Some of the important points to be considered are:
* The format is that of a jam session, with Vernon discussing his tricks, moves and routines, and generally holding court.
* All the moves, techniques, routines, tips and handlings discussed are actually performed by Vernon or one of the co-hosts, along with a complete explanation.
* Roughly half of the subjects covered relate to the published record; half the material was new and disclosed for the first time (at the time of the video shoot).
* Many times, Vernon teaches important new techniques on the Vernon classics, including improvements, or previously undisclosed handlings, even as regards the famous Stars of Magic effects.
* Some world famous routines, such as the Coins in Champagne Glass or the Fred Kaps Coins and Silk (invented by Vernon and taught to Kaps) are publicly revealed.
* Important revelations about the Erdnase techniques, which Vernon has spent a lifetime studying, form a major part of the material.
The idea behind these videos was to capture Vernon live so future magicians can experience him.
No magician should miss these videos. Dai Vernon was the Dean of modern magic and he shares great things on these tapes.
Gary Ouellett Intro
Vernon Talks About Fred Kaps
Vernon Explains Coins & Silk Routine
Verno Explains Coin Transfer
Ammar Teaches Chanin Classic
Palm Coin Productions
Ammar Introduces the Cups & Balls
Vernon Tells How He Got His Cups
Vernon Demonstrates the Opening to the Cups & Balls
Ammar Demonstrates Jay Marshall’s Bit with Cups
Explanation of Depth Illusion
Vernon’s Story About the Cups &
Balls at the Magic Castle
Vernon and Ammar Walk Through Cups & Balls Routine
Vernon’s Advice On What To Do After Palming Something
Explanation of Phase Two & Three
Large Ball & Wand Vanish
Vernon Explains Ball Under Cup Vanish
Vernon Explains Coins & Purse Swindle
Vernon’s Purse Palm Vanish
Leipzig’s Coin on Knee
Gary Ouellett Intro
Color Change Section Intro (Freeman)
History of Color Change
Erdnase’s First Method with the Vernon Improvement
The Erdnase Pivot Color Change
The Malini Handling
Picking Off the Pip
Leipzig’s Side Slip and VernonÕs Variation
Handling the Sucker Gag
Steve Freeman’s Tips on the Color Change
” Softy” Color Change
Vernon Passes on Good Advice
The No Palm Color Change
The Time Vernon Cheated the Cheats
The Greek Crimp
The Gambler’s Peek
The Back Crimp
The Suit Peek
The Corner Crimp/Cutting to a Crimp
Story About Larry Grey
The Snap Crimp Story
The Snap Crimp
Mexican Joe Crimp
Best Way to Reverse a Card
The Breather Crimp
There are no reviews yet.